Tuesday 30 April 2013

dream home - office space

I spend a lot of time at home. It's my sanctuary, my workplace, my own personal restaurant when I can order (and of course prepare) anything on the limitless menu, my spa and beauty salon, my gallery and its also where my favourite people in the world happen to live. Of course I spend as much time here as I can! It's the best place in the whole world (for me)!

But spaces and homes also need to be functional and my house, how I have it set up at the moment, isn't ideal in every way. What it needs is the perfect office space. Here are my criteria:
Bright with lots of natural light
Organised and neat
Flexible and able to host different activities
Inspiring
Comfortable

My current office is a converted closet nook which the previous owner used to hang laundry in. It has no windows, and both my craft desk and computer desk are built into the bookcases. It's pretty great considering the space I had to work with but because its so small it does get cluttered and claustrophobic at times.
as you can see it's not the neatest or most organised of spaces


My dream office will need to allow me to:
Meditate
Practise yoga
Work on my film Hick!
Relax and read books in
Work on my blog
Sew
Knit
Do other random crafting projects

Though there's no new house on the horizon at the moment I have been collecting images and inspiration for this dream space. Here are some suggestions for very small offices that could fit in a wardrobe. Maybe I could try something like that!

Adam Selwood's Basement office Ikea Hack

Modern Home Office by Austin Interior Designer Claudia Cowperthwaite


Other larger spaces.
Maybe I'd actually finish some crafts for once?

Overhead library - DREAMY


This amount of light would be nice

and a corner for wellness?

Well, I can keep dreaming for the moment. But as most motivational speakers will tell you, visualising the best case scenario and letting your mind run free is the best way to actually achieve your goals and come to realising them.

What does your ideal workspace include? If you could plan it to be anything at all what would it be like? I'd love to hear about your dream spaces.

1 comment :

  1. I too dream of an amazing office/craft room!! Someday... :)

    Anyway, I stopped by to tell you that I nominated you for an award!! :) Check out the instructions here.... http://www.alovelylittleaddiction.com/2013/04/i-was-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete