Tuesday 10 June 2014

Summing Up 2014: Week 23


As you can see I've changed the name of this series from 'Summing Up Sunday 2014' to 'Summing up 2014'... I've finally come to admit that it's really seldom that I actually want to turn on the computer on a Sunday evening. Honesty is a good thing, expecially when we're being honest with ourselves.

The song I'm dedicating this week is Crazy Mary by Pearl Jam to Melissa. I don't know why but driving through the forest with sweltering heat and this song coming on totally reminded me of the end of Camp back in the mid-90's. We thought we knew everything, and I guess in a way, we did!

I tried something new and went to a group mantra-chanting ritual at a local yoga centre. We repeated the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 108 times. The energy in the room was palpable and in the end I was smiling like an idiot. I think it definately had some effect on my cause I've also been smiling a lot more since.  It's meant to promote healing and don't we all need a bit of that every once in a while? I tried to send the energy from my heart to Danielle Walker, author of my new cookbook on Grain Free eating who needs a bit of that kind of love at the moment. You can read about it here and send her your own thoughts and positive energy.

On Sunday we visited friends at the lake again and this time had a nice BBQ and brought a tiny blow-up pool for the girls to splash around in. The universe suddenly decided to turn on the oven and driving home after 7pm the temp was up to 42°c... It's going to be a hot hot summer.


La canzone che sto dedicando questa settimana è Crazy Mary di Pearl Jam per Melissa. Non so perché ma stavamo guidando nella foresta con caldo soffocante e questa canzone e mi viene in mente la fine di Camp a metà degli anni '90. Noi pensavamo di sapere tutto, e credo che in un certo senso, avevamo ragione!

Ho provato qualcosa di nuovo e sono andato ad un evento di gruppo della ripetizione dei mantra in un centro yoga locale. Abbiamo ripetuto le Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 108 volte. L'energia nella stanza era palpabile e alla fine mi stava sorridendo come un idiota. Penso che sicuramente ha avuto qualche effetto sulla mia psiche perche sto anche sorridendo molto di più da allora. La mantra è 'pensato per promuovere la guarigione abbiamo tutti bisogno di un po' guarigione, vero? Ho cercato di trasmettere l'energia dal mio cuore a Danielle Walker, autore del mio nuovo libro di cucina senza gran. Ha bisogno di un po 'di quel tipo di amore in questo momento. Potete leggere di più qui e mandarle i propri pensieri ed energia positiva.

Domenica siamo tornati di nuovo agli amici al lago e questa volta avevamo fatto un bel barbecue e portato una piccola piscina gonfiabile per le ragazze. L'universo ha improvvisamente deciso di accendere il forno e al rientro a casa dopo le 19:00 la temperatura era ancora a 42 ° c ... E sarà una calda estate calda.




best friends' birthday //hot!// splash!



 Jess

---
Liking buonaserababy?  I'd love to hear from you! Now you can follow in so many ways!

No comments :

Post a Comment