Sunday 28 April 2013

Princess Penelope

The newest member of our cloth doll collection came to life because my osteopath cancelled one day and I wandered into a crafting shop to use the hour I suddenly had on my hands. There I found a bag full of premade doll parts made from felt and wool and I was inspired. I got it into my head that I could buy the doll parts, make up dolls like the ones I love to look at on Pinterest and start up my very own etsy shop to sell them in. It would be my new career!

Hahahaha... The part of me that gets carried away was long gone already as I found myself, days later knee-high in fraying pink tulle and failed attempts at regal looking princess dresses. Another crafting disaster.

But Penelope was saved! Help was on its way in the form of a dress-making fairy grandmother! Luckily some weeks later my mother-in-law came to visit and finished up my disaster of a dress attempt and created from shards and scraps the dress you see here. The secret was creating a dress that wasn't removable. I think I'll keep that in mind for the future, after-all she's not a fashion doll.

I finished the face detail and styled the hair and now Sera has her very own OOAK princess. The only thing left to do is create her regal crown.

Needless to say there won't be an Etsy shop anytime soon.

Say hello to Princess Penelope, a wonderful testimony to collaboration in artistic endeavours.

No comments :

Post a Comment