Thursday 18 April 2013

Restaurant Review: Trattoria della Gloria

I was lucky enough to go out to eat with Fabri and a good friend of ours on Monday night. Sera stayed happily at home with her italian grandfolk and we went off!

Upon arriving at Trattoria della Gloria on via Pichi in Milan we were greeted by the owner who promptly seated us even though were were 45 minutes early for our reservation. The adorable lace-covered menus were placed in front of us on the cream and wine checked table cloths and Fabri proceeded to study the wine list while I have a look at our choice of food.

There was jazzy funk playing in the air and wonderful smells wafting fromt he kitchen. The whole restaurant only has 40 or so seats and so was intimate, but didn't feel crowded even later when it was packed.


The menu had a good selection of different antipasti, primi and secondi without much repitition to the styles of food. We opted for a burrata for the three of us to share with homemade bread as our starter.  In terms of wine we started off with a Rubrato Aglianico and later moved onto a Barolo.

I ordered the wild asparagus spaghetti alla carbonara for my primo and was happy with the choice. The presentation was lovely, the ingredients fresh and flavorful and my only criticism could be that the whole dish could have been slightly saltier.


Fabri and I both wanted to try the meatballs for secondo, but I knew I would already be full by then so instead I ordered some goats' cheese balls instead and we shared both. The meatballs were gorgeous and I'd have them all to myself the next time we go back.

Yay for Trattoria della Gloria!

Trattoria della Gloria
Via Pichi, 5 (angolo via Borsi)
20143 - Milano
Tel.02/45474710
trattoriadellagloria@fastweb.it

No comments :

Post a Comment