Wednesday 1 May 2013

nominated for a Liebster award!


I've been blogging for just under a month now and am thrilled to have been nominated for the Liebster award by lovely Vicky over at A Lovely Little Addiction

The Liebster Award, ("lovely" in German) is an award given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers. It's a way to get a bit more exposure and to answer a few questions about yourself.


Here are the questions and my answers:

1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging publicly after many years of keeping a private blog/diary. It's a format for discussing ideas, showcasing crafts and connecting with readers... also I hope it will help with my rusty writing skills. Whenever I'm at a newstand I get frustrated because there isn't a magazine thart's perfect for me... so I decided to write one myself.

2) If you could eat lunch anywhere in the world, where and what would you eat?
I would have a poutine in Montreal, possibly on a Styrofoam plate in the cafeteria of Dawson college... I know it seems crazy, but with access here in Italy to fantastic food all the time whenever I get wantful about food it's nostalgia for something from 'home' which certainly isn't good for me.

3) Whom, what, where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I'm very inspired by Melissa over at So About What I Said with regards to blogging in general in a magazine format. Oprah Winfrey and her enthusiasm for entertainment and information. Matha Stewart when it comes to crafts and my daughter for everything else.

4) How do you handle a stressful day?
I've been practising meditation daily for almost a year now so my stressful days are happily becomming less and less frequent. In the case of a crisis, or when I'm losing my cool, I take refuge in water... a shower, a bath or swimming. I think it's my natural element and generally does the trick.

5) What do you hope that your children remember about you?
I want my children to remember that I was present, supportive and smiling. I'm not always the happiest or sunniest of people, but it's a characteristic I'm trying to grow and develop.

6) What is your favorite recipe?
To cook it's got to be a stove top slow cook shoulder with veg in red wine. To eat, it's old fashioned chicken soup.

7. What is your favorite quote?
"The purpose of our lives is to be happy" Dalai Lama
(now, go out and start studying what that means!)
8. What projects are you working on right now?
I am still working on my animated short film Hick! daily and am trying to grow a pineapple from the top of an old pineapple. 

9. What is the best thing about you?
Can someone really be objective about this question? I suppose I have a great capacity for adaptation, change and growth... but is that the best thing? 

10. Will you follow the bloggers that you nominate?
Sure will!

11. What makes you giggle?
Unusual or strange comedy - think Kids in The Hall or Alan Partridge

11 facts about myself..
- I collect paper dolls
- I used to act
- I'm on a 'journey of self discovery' (now THAT makes me giggle!!)
- I'm fluent in Italian
- I live in an ex-ceramics factory
- most of the toys I buy for my daughter I really just want for myself
- my blood type is 0-
- I love animation
- I remember the lyrics to songs really easily
- I'm a tidy person stuck in a messy person's body
- I'm 'winging' it with this whole blogging thing.... 


Here are some more Bloggers I nominated for the Liebster Award…Check them out!!

Silvia - Born In '82
Elizabeth - Letters From Florence
Michelle - Maple Leaf Mamma
Rosa -  Bella Avventura

** I honestly found it very hard to find new blogs as I'm only just established myself... These 6 will have to do for now but I promise to post and nominate 5 more as soon as I find suitable candidates! Another new project!**


If you were nominated, here are the Liebster Rules:

1. Thank the Leibster Award Nominator on their blog & link back to their blog.
2. Answer 11 questions from the nominator
3. List 11 random facts about yourself
4. Present the award to 11 other blogs that have 200 followers or less that you feel deserve the award. 
Leave a comment on their blog that you did so.
5. Copy & POST the award on your blog

1 comment :

  1. Hi Jess.
    Thank you so much for your nomination, what an honour. I'll be on the look out for your 11 questions.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete