Tuesday 11 June 2013

autoimmunity - part 2


This is part two of my personal story on autoimmune disease/disorders. To read part one please click here.

I was really nervous during the drive to Marina di Massa to visit the homoeopath. I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't what I found when we arrived.

The office was quite small with a waiting room with 5 chairs and a table with magazines. We were greeted by a very kind and happy-energetic receptionist and told to wait a few minutes. I was then directed into the doctor's office and asked to sit in a wooden director's chair and to take off all my jewellery, socks and shoes.

The doctor was reserved and quiet, kept pretty much to himself and didn't explain much. The MORA machine, which too me looked like an electroshock device from the 50's sat on the table in front of him. He wet my hand (I still don't know what with... probably just plain water), placed metal plates under my feet, handed me a metal rod connected to the machine, then took my other hand and started to poke it with another rod, this one ending in a dulled metal point, also connected to the machine.

The MORA machine was created in the 1970's by German physician Dr. Franz Morell and electronics engineer Mr. Erich Rasche t measure the electromagnetic component of the body. All substances, whether living or non-living, emit electromagnetic frequencies based on the amount and rotational speed of their atoms. Every bio-chemical process in a human or animal's body are controlled by the “information” carried by electromagnetic oscillations. The MORA machine is able to read this information as electrical frequencies and find any imbalances in an individuals electromagnetic oscillations.  Then with the help of traditional acupuncture points (although without any actual needles or breakage of skin) and homoeopathic remedies, can help to rebalanced these problems.

So the machine finds your bodies' issues and then suggests cures based upon components that will balance these electromagnetic oscillations.

My appointment lasted 2 hours, the first hour and an half connecting the machine to each of my accupuncture spots in my hands and feet correlating to my major organs.  In my case the machine picked up 3 viruses my body was combating: Streptoccocus, Epstein-Barr (aka Mononucleosis), and Campillobacter (Helicobacter-Pylori). It registered several common allergies including pollen, grass and dust as wel as gluten, which was quite shocking and upsetting as the doc told me I'd have to cut out the pasta, bread and grains that I've gotten accustomed to eating since living in Italy.
The machine seemed to pick up on things I hadn't even mentioned to the doctor, such as my policyctic ovaries and frequent bladder infections. It revealed several zones of degeneration and inflammation in my body: bladder, ovaries, stomach, intestine, joints and articulations, eyes. The doc said my arthritis and fatigue and pretty much all of my symptoms would be due to my immune system not knowing, or having forgotten, how to deal with those three very common viruses.  The last half hour of the appointment was spent more or less searching for the right homeopatic remedies which would balance the oscillations. If the machine's dial read 50% the homeopathic remedy would work.

I was sent home with a shopping list of homoeopathic remedies to order from Switzerland.

Now, let me mention that there is a LOT of talk on the internet about how MORA practitioners are fraudsters and how the machine doesn't work and blah blah blah... I'm a sceptic at heart and definitely felt ridiculous sitting in the chair holding the probes, but no more so than when I have had countless blood tests and x-rays and side effects to 'modern' medicinal practises and drug treatments.... should I now go and claim that my own rheumatologists and immunologists have been fraudsters and that steroids, cortisone and antibiotics don't work?

More on my life with homeopathy, Marina di Massa and going Gluten free in a future post.
Images from http://www.moranoosa.com/













No comments :

Post a Comment