Sunday 9 March 2014

Summing Up Sunday 2014: Weeks 9 & 10

If you're wondering where the last two weeks went then you're not alone! They absolutely vanished and I feel like the past few days I've been trying to catchup!

The big activity of week 9 was that we went to Genova to celebrate our 6 year wedding anniversary. In the past we've gone for weekend breaks for wine tasting or culinary delights, but this year we thought we'd do something that was more fun for Sera and take her to the Aquarium and Citta dei Bambini.  It was a lovely time and although it rained we still had a great adventure. We stopperd at a little fisherman's village on the way home for lunch and ate outside. I had the mussels and watched the sun dancing on the surface of the sea. We got back late on Sunday and I started to feel quite ill so I didn't do the summingup post as expected.

On Monday I went to the centre to try to get an appointment for my Citizenship Oath and by the time I got home I was nursing a pretty bad headache. I thought it was for sure due to the stress. After Yoga and dinner I put myself to bed and didn't wake again until the morning when I discovered I had a fever... and the headache still hadn't gone away!

I spent three days in bed, shivering, sweating and in pain from the headache. I was convinced at least 50% of the time that I had contracted meningitis from the mussels I had eaten and needed to be taken to the emergency room.  I kept calling my doctors and asking them what they thought and hey just kept telling me to take paracetemol, or aspirin, or ibuprofeine.... I was so confused that I think at one point I may have taken all three within an hour of eachother.  Then, as suddenly as it began, Wednesday my temperature dropped below normal ranges (which also scared me) and then came back to normal.  After that I was 100% fine.

I still think it was food poisoning. No more mussels for me!

Thursday Sera and I went to the parchetto for the first time in MONTHS. The sun has finally decided to shine it's face on Lombardia again! Hooray for springtime!

On Friday Sera had no school so we had a mommy-daughterday in the centre. I don't normally want to venture in with her because of the cost of parking, Area-C (a 5€ surcharge for entering the centre with the car) and other expenses, but we arranged to meet with Linda and Giorgio for lunch so we had a good excuse.  We did some shopping and I let Sera pick ot a necklace for me and stick-on earrings for herself. After lunch it started getting busy with all the kids and parents wanderting around so we went to the park for a bit and sat on the grass, enjoying the warmth of the late winter sun.

Saturday was Carnevale. We spent the morning at home and then went to the parchetto to see everyone in costumes. Sera dressed up as Cinderella and was very happy to pretend to be a princess for the afternoon. Saturday night we had a dinner party and I made my 'Spetzzetino' recipe, which is nearing perfection on the last three attempts. Yum!

Sunday we went to the part of town where our new house* is going to be.  We wandered a bt, checked out shops and restaurants nearby and had a coffee in the piazza. Then we hurried back for lunch with Zio Giulio.  In the afternoon we went to Sera's friend Sara's house and ended up staying for bathtime and dinner. It was a full day and a full two weeks!

*fingers crossed



  • coffee after the immuonolgist
  • Dolphin says hello at the Genova Aquarium
  • my favorite people by the sea
  • my first mandala
  • still a baby for a little while
  • late winter's sun
  • building fun at Città dei Bambini
  • Cinderela for Carnevale
  • moody at the sea
Se vi state chiedendo dove sono andati  le ultime due settimane, allora non siete soli! Sono volati via!

La grande attività della settimana 9 è che siamo andati a Genova per festeggiare il nostro anniversario di matrimonio: sei anni. In passato siamo andati per weekend di degustazione di vino o prelibatezze culinarie, ma quest'anno abbiamo pensato di fare qualcosa che era più divertente per Sera e portarla al Acquario e Città dei Bambini.Ci siamo divertiti anche se ha piovuto. Siamo fermati anche ad un villaggio di pescatori  per il pranzo e abbiamo mangiati fuori . Ho avuto le cozze e mentre osservava il sole ballando sulla superficie del mare. Siamo tornati tardi Domenica e ho iniziato a sentirmi abbastanza male, quindi non ho fatto il post di summingup per settimana 9 come previsto.

Lunedi ' sono andato al centro per cercare di ottenere un appuntamento per il Giuramento della la mia cittadinanza e quando sono tornata a casa mi  avevo già un bel mal di testa. Ho pensato che fosse di sicuro a causa dello stress ma dopo Yoga e la cena sono andta a letto e non mi svegliai di nuovo fino alla mattina. Ho scoperto che avevo la febbre ... e il mal di testa ancora non fossi andato via!

Ho trascorso tre giorni a letto, brividi, sudorazione e dolore da mal di testa. Ero convinto almeno il 50 % del tempo che avevo contratto la meningite dalle cozze che avevo mangiato e necessarie per essere portato al pronto soccorso. Ho continuato a chiamare i miei medici chiedendo loro cosa ne pensassero. Continuavano a dirmi di prendere paracetamolo, o aspirina, o ibuprofeine .... ero così confusa che penso che ad un certo punto io ho preso tutti e tre nel giro di un'ora. Poi, improvvisamente come era iniziato, la mia temperatura è scesa sotto i valori normali (che mi ha anche spaventato) e poi è tornato alla normalità.

Continuo a pensare che fosse un'intossicazione alimentare. Niente più cozze per me!

Giovedi Sera e io siamo andati al parchetto per la prima volta dopo tanti mesi. Il sole ha finalmente deciso di brillare di nuovo! Urrà per la primavera!

Il Venerdì Sera non aveva la scuola quindi abbiamo avuto una giornata mamma-figlia al centro. Io normalmente non vuole avventurarsi al centro a causa del costo del parcheggio, Area- C (a pagamento 5 € per entrare in centro con l'auto) e le altre spese, ma ci siamo dati appuntamento con Linda e Giorgio per il pranzo così abbiamo avuto una buona scusa. Abbiamo fatto un pò di shopping e ho lasciato Sera scegliere una collana per me e orecchini finti per se stessa. Dopo pranzo siamo andati al parco e ci siamo seduti sull'erba , godendosi il calore del sole di fine inverno .

Sabato era Carnevale . Abbiamo trascorso la mattinata a casa e poi siamo andati al parchetto di vedere tutti in costume . Sera vestita come Cenerentola ed era molto felice di fingere di essere una principessa per il pomeriggio . Sabato sera abbiamo avuto una cena e ho fatto la mia ricetta ' Spetzzetino ' , che è in via di perfezione sulle ultime tre tentativi . Yum !

Domenica siamo andati alla parte della città dove la nostra nuova casa* sta per essere. Abbiamo vagato, controllato negozi e ristoranti nelle vicinanze e poi abbiamo preso un caffè in piazza. Siamo tornati a casa per il pranzo con Zio Giulio . Nel pomeriggio siamo andati a casa di un'amica di Sera, Sara, e siamo rimasti per il bagnetto e la cena. E ' stata una giornata, e anceh due settimane molto piena!

* dita incrociate


 Jess

---
Liking buonaserababy?  I'd love to hear from you! Now you can follow in so many ways!

No comments :

Post a Comment