Monday 22 April 2013

ikea hack diy earring display stand

Hello you crafty readers. If you're anything like me you're always losing things or misplacing them and jewellery is no exception. For a while I've been thinking of tackling this project and I finally found the time to do it so thought I'd share it with you.

What you'll need:
  • 1 ikea TOLSBY double sided picture frame in white (I picked it up for €1 but I'm not sure if that was a promotional price).
  • >10x15cm scrap of plastic mosquito screens
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
Steps:
  • Remove the frame from its packaging and remove the paper and plastic inserts.
  • Screw the base to the frame
  • Cut the screen to match the size of one of the plastic inserts
  • Slide the screen into the frame
  • Glue with transparent hot glue from the back of your earring holder on the inside of e groove where the screen is inserted.
  • Wait for glue to cool
  • Arrange earrings
  • Display
VoilĂ 






2 comments :

  1. Wooow It is awesome! But I can't do the same :( Do you wanna follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, Lookbook or Facebook? Let mi know :) xoxo :*
    Blog Lissey
    Lissey on Bloglovin
    Lissey on Facebook
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lissey!
      Thanks,
      I'd love to follow your blog but I can't read it :(... The photos look great though! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete