Monday 27 January 2014

My Baby is 3! - La Mia Bimba ha 3 anni!

Today is Sera's third birthday and I'm celebrating the best three yeas of my life with it. If you had told me that that little tiny 5 pound, wrinkly squirmy stranger would become this wonderful big girl, and my best friend in these few short yearsI wouldn't have believed you! What an amazing thing to happen! What an amazing little girl.
-
Oggi è il terzo compleanno di Sera e sto ricordando questi ultimi tre anni, che sono stati i migliori della mia vita. Se mi avessero detto che quel piccolissimo di solo 2.4kili, straniera, rugosa, scricciola sarebbe diventata questa meravigliosa ragazza grande, eppure la mia migliore amica non ti avrebbe creduto! Che cosa incredibile! Che bambina incredibile.

I'm the kind of mum who would like to freeze time and stay in the moment forever. I get nostalgic for the littlest things even as they're happening. I worry that I won't remember the little things that she does now, which she won't do in a few short years, that make my heart sing. I love when she comes up to me and says she has a secret to tell me and then cups her little hand to my ear and says "meatballs". I love that she does the same thing in Italian to her friends and relatives who only speak Italian and I'm proud that she knows to do so. "Polpette!" I love that she tells me "but it's ok" when she sees that I'm a bit blue or that she's spilled milk on the table. I love that she gives me giraffe kisses by rubbing her nose on mine (when it isn't snotty). I love that she starts singing song she made up out of the blue and I love how she likes when I sing along ("we sang all-ke-gether!)
-
Sono una mamma che vorrebbe fermare il tempo e rimanere nel momento per sempre. Ho nostalgia per le cose più piccole anche mentre stanno accadendo. Temo che non mi ricordo le piccole cose che lei fa adesso, che lei non farà più tra pochi anni. Quelle cose che fanno volare il mio cuore. Mi piace quando lei viene da me e mi dice che ha un segreto e poi mette sua manina al mio orecchio e dice: "polpette". Mi piace che lei fa la stessa cosa in inglese per chi parla solo inglese e sono orgoglioso che lei sa di farlo. "Meatballs!" Mi piace che lei mi dice "ma è ok" quando vede che sono un po triste o quando il latte è rovesciato sul tavolo. Mi piace che mi dà baci giraffa strofinando il naso sulla mia (quando non sta collando!). Mi piace che lei inizia a cantare la canzone incomprensibile e mi piace come le piace quando canto anch'io ("tutti-in-sieme!")

We rented out her old daycare for the party and invited some of her little friends for the celebrations. I prepared tutus for the girls to play dress up and fairywings for whoever wanted to be a fairy. The kids played with balloons, ate snacks, danced, chased eachother around and generally just had a brilliant time. I made a wonderful cake and then forgot to take any photos of it. Everyone said it was delicious though so I guess that's more important.
-
Abbiamo affittato un nido per la festa e invitato alcuni dei suoi piccoli amici per i festeggiamenti. Ho preparato tutù per le ragazze di giocare vestire e fairywings per chi voleva essere una fata. I bambini hanno giocato con palloncini, snack mangiato, ballato, vicenda inseguito intorno e in generale appena avuto un tempo brillante. Ho preparato una torta stupendo e poi dimenticato di fotografarlo! Ma tutti hanno detto che era buono che è più importante.






Happy birthday sweet girl! You are my everything. Thank you so much for coming into my life. Love, Mommy
-
Buon compleanno dolce ragazza! Tu sei il mio tutto. Grazie mille per essere venuta nella mia vita. Con amore, Mommy
 Jess


Liking buonaserababy?  I'd love to hear from you! Now you can follow in so many ways!
Se ti piace buonaserababy seguimi o lasciami un commento!


2 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your adorable little girl! Three is such a fun age! I wish I could freeze time too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Your photos do a pretty wonderful job of freezing time so I suppose in a way you do! That's your magic power!

    ReplyDelete